This is a tea which reflects terroir: time, place, season, emotion, experience.... everything. It is so because every single ingredient I harvest with my own hands either from the garden, the edges, or the wild. It is blended to suit what I'm feeling when I crave it, and gives me the nutrition and medicine I need for whatever ails me.
So, my 'Wild Woman Tea' changes. I'll list the ingredients I put in the cup pictured above and why I chose them, but remember that every cup is different and if you want to make your own, according to your tastes, desires, and needs, know that you absolutely should.
Wild Woman Tea
- 1 tbsp dried labrador tea (cramps)
- 1 tbsp dried blackberry leaf (cramps, flavour)
- 2 tbsp dried mugwort (cramps)
- 1 tsp dried sumac (vitamin C)
- 1 tsp dried chamomile flowers (relaxation)
- 1 tsp dried pineapple weed (relaxation)
- 1 tsp devil's club (mood enhancement)
I harvested each of these ingredients fresh then dried them either in the sun or my dehydrator. I keep them in jars in my witch's cabinet and blend/crush teas immediately before steeping for optimum taste and health benefit.
Steep 3 minutes in very hot water and drink immediately or leave it to cool and steep overnight for extra sweetness from the blackberry leaves (thanks Lori Snyder for this trick).